There are so many opinions about what the Bible teaches.
These are common questions today.
1. How can a person be expected to OBEY Christ if he is incapable of knowing what constitutes obedience to Christ? - Hebrews 5:8-9
2. How can a person be expected to ABIDE IN the word of Christ if he is unable to learn and know Christís teaching? - John 8:31-32
3. How can a person be expected to PROVE what the Bible says if the truth cannot be distinguished from error? - 1 Thessalonians 5:21; cf. 1 John 4:1
4. How can a person be expected to CONTEND earnestly for the truth if the truth is unattainable? - Jude 1:3
5. How can a person be expected to BEWARE of false teachers if there is no discernible way of telling whether or not they are teaching error? - Matthew 7:15; cf. 2 John 1:7
6. How can a person be expected to SPEAK the truth in love if he is unable to differentiate between truth and error? - Ephesians 4:15
7. How can we UNDERSTAND the will of the Lord if it is unattainable? - Ephesians 5:17
"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" - John 8:32; 2 Timothy 3:13-17
-- Don Treadway, April 2011 --