1. One thing I have learned is that the world hates an hypocrite
2. The Lord hates hypocrites also - Matthew 15:7-8; Matthew 6
3. All Christians need to make it a goal to be consistent in all aspects of their lives
A. Bible study needs to be a daily habit
B. Delights in the Law of God - Psalm 1
C. Loves the Word of God - Psalm 119
D. As a newborn babe needs milk to grow, the Christian needs God's Word - 1 Peter 2:2
E. To be able to give an answer requires study - 1 Peter 3:15
F. Would we be satisfied if our children went to school for only four hours a week? Would they really learn anything. Yet so many people only study the Bible during church services.
G. It is so important to teach to our children this principle
A. GIGO. Garbage In, Garbage Out
B. Evil communications corrupt good manners - 1 Corinthians 15:33
C. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
D. Eyes full of adultery - 2 Peter 2:14
A. Does the world know that you are a Christian?
B. Do you behave differently on Sundays than you do the rest of the week?
C. Peter was one who was incosistent in his conduct
1. In His denial of Christ - Matthew 26:35, 75
2. Peter was condemned by Paul for being inconsistent in his actions - Galatians 2:11-14
A. As Christians, we often forget the power of prayer
B. "What a Friend We Have In Jesus"
C. We are commanded to pray without ceasing - 1 Thessalonians 5:17
D. NT Christians prayed constantly - Acts 2:42
E. Do we still believe in prayer - 1 John 5:14-15
1. A lack of prayer life indicates a lack of faith in God.
2. God is able and willing to give us anything that we truly need - Ephesians 3:20
1. Consistency is so important.
2. Christianity is a full-time religion 24/7/365
3. Have you been consistent in:
a. Your Bible study?
b. Your thoughts?
c. Your conduct?
d. Your prayer life?
4. As I said in the introduction, God hates hypocrisy
5. The good news is that God is consistent as well. He will forgive you
6. Please see Plan of Salvation
-- Ralph Price, 2000 --